Saturday, September 12, 2009

What we're afraid off

It's funny sometimes what causes anxiety.

I had lunch with my Lil' Sis and MatStreet last week at Acropolis in Ybor City. As I was driving to the restaurant I was feeling pretty anxious. It took me a few minutes to realize that it was the prospect of parking that was causing it. Just about everywhere you go around here has a parking lot. You rarely have to park on the street.

I can get up and speak in front of large groups of people. I can use power tools and build things. I can tackle complex problems and find realistic and functional solutions. And I rarely experience any lack of confidence, anxiety, butterflies or self-doubt.

But tell me that I have to find a damn parking space and it throws me into a tizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Skinnamarink e-dink e-dink. Skinnamarink e-doo.